My Easy Valentine Candy Bar Wrapper is SO EASY you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of this fun craft yourself. Or, not. I totally get that we’re not all paper nerds.
Pretty patterned paper is my kryptonite. Really, it makes me weak in the knees and googly eyed. Its pretty colors and fun designs make me dizzy with joy yet it’s so hard to walk away from. Just take a look at my craft room; there’s plenty of evidence. I can’t even bring myself to throw away the scraps of my most favorite patterned papers.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a product and make a purchase, I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
And, that’s the story of how these little candy bar love bugs came to be.
Easy Valentine Candy Bar Wrapper
These little love bugs are so easy to put together, you probably have all the supplies already on hand. I keep a bucket of paper scraps in my craft room. It’s filled with pretty patterns, colored scraps, all sizes and shapes. I recommend keeping only those scraps that you ABSOLUTELY cannot part with. The scrap pile tends to get overwhelming if not kept in check.
- Pretty patterned paper
- Double Sided Tape
- Self-Adhesive Googly Eyes
- Mini candy bars (flat bars, like Hershey’s minis)
- Cut strips of patterned paper to fit width of candy bar, or make them slightly less wide so the silver foil shows on both ends
- Wrap patterned paper around candy bar.
- Apply double sided tape to the inside of the patterned paper and take off backing. Press to adhere.
- Apply googly eyes (if you have the non-adhesive googly eyes you can add some double sided tape (or glue, if you’d prefer)
- Cut two thin strips of coordinating patterned paper.
- Accordion fold the two strips to make legs.
- Add legs to candy bars using double sided tape.
Use a strong double sided tape if using cardstock.
Scoring the paper makes it easier for the cardstock to stay wrapped around the candy bar. Here is a scoring board similar to whatI have. I used it a lot for card-making
You could stamp a sentiment or a name to the wrappers if you’re feeling ambitious!
Need to see step-by-step? I have that for you!
My Easy Valentine Candy Bar Wrapper can be used for any occasion, really. Think kid’s birthday parties, other holiday celebrations, fun Girls Night Out goodie bags. Just change up the colors of the patterned paper to fit the occasion!Easy Valentine Candy Bar Wrapper for classroom Valentines or kid's craft for Valentine's Day. #Valentines #KidsCraft Click To Tweet
Need more Valentine’s Day Inspiration? I have that!