Bugs, bugs everywhere! I’m in love with these Easy Valentine Love Bugs probably more than a grown woman should be. But, I don’t care. I’m in love with bugs and I don’t care who knows it.
Really, though. I love the sort of crafts that show themselves to me when I stare into the abyss that is my craft room. I store my Valentine craft supplies together in multiple plastic containers; they’re filled to the brim with stickers, pom poms, and all things pink & red. If I stare into the bins long enough the pretties start staring back me. Literally. Googly eyes, you guys!
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a product and make a purchase, I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
These cute little love bugs are anything but creepy crawly. Let’s make them!
Easy Valentine Love Bugs
Making these adorable and easy Valentine Love Bugs is so much fun and they don’t require a lot of crazy supplies.
- Felt Hearts
- Mini candy bars*
- Double sided tape
- Flexible jewelry (artistic) wire
- Googly eyes
- Pom Poms
- Paper hearts (optional)
- Hot Glue or Regular School Glue*
- Attach googly eyes to felt heart. Be creative! One eye, two eyes, big, small. We love them all!
- Cut jewelry wire to desired length for antenna. Attach with hot glue to the back of the heart.
- Optional: use different items for antenna-mini clothespins, pom poms, etc.
- Optional: to cover the glue, place Valentines stickers over the area while glue is still hot.
- Optional: make legs out of the jewelry wire just like the antenna. Hot glue paper hearts to the feet to make them stand up.
- Apply double sided tape to the bottom of candy bar. Peel off the tape backing and stick the candy bar to the back of the felt heart.
- Give to your favorite Valentine!
You can absolutely use white school glue instead of hot glue. It makes these Easy Valentine Love Bugs a more kid-friendly Valentine’s Day craft!
I found these cute mini candy bars at TJ Maxx. I tried, fervently, to find an online source with no luck. The label says Mallow Tree London Milk Chocolate Neapolitans.
You can use regular Hershey Miniature candy bars instead and make your own templates.
Watch me make these on my Facebook Live Replay