My lightning bolt bookmark is a fun and easy DIY for any age and craft level!
**This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click the link and make a purchase I will receive a little bit of pocket change at no extra cost to you. Thanks for allowing me to support this blog by partnering with brands that I love!**
Can you believe it’s been 20 years since Harry magically appeared in our world. I SO can’t fathom. I didn’t get to know Harry until he was well established in the literary world for quite some time-three books in, actually. Once we were introduced, though, there was no turning back. Lifelong friends, whether he knows it or not!
Lightning Bolt Bookmark
To celebrate, I’m hosting a Celebrating Harry FB Live tonight. I’ll post the video here after the party. No party is complete without favors so I came up with a lightning bolt bookmark to share with party goers. If you can’t make it to the virtual party, here is how to make your own lightning bolt bookmark:
- Gold cardstock
- Glasses brads
- Lightning bolt template
- Self laminating sheets ( I used what I had on hand-report covers and a sealer)
- Black & White string
- Screw Punch
- Trace the lightning bolt template onto gold card stock and cut out.
- Place lightning bolt cut-out inside self laminating sheet (or use a real laminator if you have one!)
- If using self laminating (sticky) sheets, add sequins where you’d like them to be.
- (I used a heat sealing tool and plastic report covers so I could make shaker bookmarks)
- Laminate according to directions for whichever method you are using.
- NOTE: If using a laminating machine, do not add sequins. They WILL NOT run through the laminating machine and could possibly ruin it.
- Punch a hole and insert string. Tie ends together. Insert glasses brad.
Enjoy with your favorite Harry Potter book!
To join in the Celebrating Harry event you can watch the video replay or join me over at the Desperately Seeking: Inspiration for Creative Living Facebook page.