** This post contains affiliate links that are of no cost to you when you click them but may give me some extra pocket change if you do. Thanks so much reading! I appreciate your visit!
Happy Spring! I hope you’re enjoying some warmer weather and sunshine wherever you are. I posted this paper kite banner tutorial a few weeks ago on my Desperately Seeking: Inspiration for Creative Living Facebook page and life just BLEW UP and I didn’t get a chance to post it here.
So, here I am. (more on life BLOWING UP in another post)
Paper Kite Banner
- assorted pretty papers, square. I use American Crafts because I love all the fun patterns.
- heavy duty double sided tape. Again, I love this American Crafts tape.
- coordinating scrapbook brands (2 for each kite you plan to make)
- coordinating eyelets (1 for every kite you make)
- matching curling ribbon
- Paper Kite Banner Tutorial Template
- Fold paper according to template instructions.
- Tape down folded edges, referring to the template.
- Hole punch side points of kite and the bottom tip.
- Insert brads in side points and connect the kites to each other using brads.
- Apply the eyelets to bottom tips using the eyelet setter for a nice finished look.
- Curl a 15-20 inch piece of curling ribbon, depending on how long you’d like the tail.
- Insert the tail through the eyelet and knot off in the back.
- Apply one eyelet each to the first kite side point and one to the last kite side point.
- Attach a piece of curling ribbon to each end of banner to use as hangers.
Here’s the handy FB Live Paper Kite Banner Tutorial Video showing the step-by-step instructions. Hope you enjoy and I’d love to know if you make this fun project. I think they’d look so cute at a kid’s birthday party or baby/bridal shower. I have two of them hanging in my craft room and I love seeing them. They really brighten up my space.