Hey there! Life has been so crazy lately. I’ve been saying “yes” to crazy opportunities and figuring it out as I go.
Sounds like all fun and games, right? Not so much.
Figuring it Out
At the beginning of this year I committed to HUSTLE and that is exactly what I have been up to. Here are the bullet points:
- I’ve dropped my day job of twenty years to just three days a week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays).
- I picked up four social media clients and a blogger client.
- With the help of some friends and my mentor, I decided on a name for my business, registered it with the county, and created all the socials for it (more on this below).
How it’s been going, the bullet points:
- Three clients still going strong. One dropped out to “figure out their own stuff.”
- I’m loving the blogger client, it’s a totally fun niche to work with and the following is growing steadily. I LOVE seeing steady progress and it encourages me to keep going.
- I had a minor meltdown about my abilities and the hustle. Thom was able to talk me through.
- The thing is-I listen to the self-doubt way too often. It happens to the best of us, right? I just have to keep reminding myself that I AM CAPABLE. I AM SMART. I CAN DO THIS.
- Social media is constantly evolving and it’s difficult to keep up. I’m hustling to learn as much as possible about every. single. social media. channel. Seriously-in my “free time” I’m reading about content creation, watching how-to videos about how to do FB Live, reading up on marketing strategies, and trying to learn and absorb as much of my client’s business as well, in order to better share their content. BLURGH!! (to quote Tina Fey again) There’s just so much!
How I am doing it, the bullet points:
- I get asked all the time where I’m finding clients-honestly, word of mouth and referrals.
- Also get asked how I’m physically doing it-lol. Scheduling! Being disciplined with at-home work hours! Focussing! It’s been an interesting transition. For instance, the dishes are calling out to me right now because I’m blogging from the dining room. Normally I’d hide away in the craft room-turned-office to get things done so that all my household chores aren’t staring at me.
- It also helps that Thom has been taking care of most of those household chores.
How I’m moving forward, the bullet points:
- Hustling is hard work, y’all. My brain is thinking constantly. I’m writing down all the ideas as they come which means I always have a notepad in hand.
- Scheduling has become my best work friend. The key to being consistent is scheduling blocks of work time to schedule the socials.
- Business-wise-I’m currently researching trademarking the business name and doing all the legal things before I actually go live with all those bits.
There’s just so much! But, I’m figuring it out as I go and feeling confident with the forward movement.