There’s no better time to start thinking about Valentine’s day than when it’s cold, gray, and dreary outside. #AmIRight? I’ve rounded up these 5 Valentine’s Day crafts to bring some sweetness to winter.
Click through to get the deets and to catch this week’s #FridayFiveLive episode.
5 Valentine’s Day Crafts
- The paper straw easels above from Pars Caeli are so much fun too make and seriously darling. I love to buy themed paper straws at TJ Maxx after the holiday and on major clearance. You can find them online, too, and at most party supply and craft stores. Check in the party supply aisle.
- Felt envelopes-Send off sweet notes in these DIY felt envelopes or fill with small candies for extra sweetness. I machine sewed mine with a zigzag stitch but you can also hand sew if that’s your thing! My friend Sarah from Our Daily Craft has a quick and easy felt envelope tutorial.
3. Doily paper cones can be filled with pom poms or small candies. Check out the video below for directions
4. Tiny paper envelopes can carry teeny tiny notes with big love messages. Print out your own with my Tiny Love Note Envelope template. Just cut out, fold, and glue. Write your message and slip into lunches, coat pockets, or any special hidden spot for a sweet surprise.
5. Pom Pom love monsters are adorable and fun. Gather a pom pom (I made mine from multi-colored dish cloth yarn but you can use pre-made poms from the craft store), googly eyes, scrap felt heart, wire for antenna, and some heart stickers. Tools: hot glue gun. See the video for directions.
Check out my FB live episode for more detailed directions and general crafting silliness and join me every Friday over at the Desperately Seeking Gina Facebook page for more Friday Five Live episodes!