Calling these no sew ugly sweater ornaments “ugly” feels silly because, really, I think they’re adorable.
I made some ugly ornament sweaters for Julie’s annual Holiday Ornament Party last year but this version is a no sew ugly sweater ornament that is easier to assemble so that even the youngest of crafters can finish in just a matter of minutes (with just a an hour or two for drying time).
No Sew Ugly Sweater Ornament
Last year’s idea for the ugly sweater ornaments came from Pinterest which led me to the blog post wth the perfect shirt patterns.
- Shirt patterns
- Stiff felt
- Glitter glue pens
- Glue (I use E6000)
- Holiday decorations, like crafts jingle bells, tinsel pipe cleaners, felt cut-outs, snowflakes and Santa hats
- Thread for hanging (I used a silver cording I had on hand)
- Hole punch
- Print out shirt pattern(s). Use as a guide to cut out colored felt sweaters.
- Let your imagine run wild!
- Attach decorative elements first.
- Finish with glitter glue and let dry for at least two hours
- Punch a hole in the shoulder.
- String with cord or thread for hanging.
- Hang & Enjoy!
Have darling Christmas buttons with the sticky-outty (technical crafting term) thingies on the back? Just snip them off with a heavy-duty scissor or raid the tool box for a pair of snips.
Reinforce stickers with a small dab of glue to ensure they stay attached.
Use your adorable no sew ugly sweater ornament as a gift tag by adding felt letter stickers, like I did here.
Or, string them together for an ugly sweater garland. Add a magnet to the back and keep your ugly sweater ornament on the ‘fridge.
How would you use your ugly sweater ornament. Tell me in the comments below or join in the conversation over at the Desperately Seeking Gina Facebook page.