With our family of two (plus Hop, the cat), special occasions tend to be uneventful and we rarely sit down to a set table. Sometimes, though, I have an urge to fancy-it-up just a bit. This year I’m setting a table with these fun Thanksgiving DIY place cards.
Thanksgiving DIY Place Cards
- Pine cones *see note
- Round wood slices
- Hot glue & glue gun
*Note: The bigger the pine cone, the better. Here I’ve used a large decorative pine cone purchased from a flower wholesale/craft supply warehouse.
- Wood burning tool
- Kraft paper tags (not shown)
- Canvas fabric
- Twist off pine cone scales.
- Hot glue scales to the back of the wood round.
- Layer scales to desired fullness.
To add names:
- Wood burn or write names on wood slice.
- You can also write names on kraft paper and glue/stick them to the rounds
- Seal wood rounds, if desired.
For additional decorations:
- Make canvas flowers.
- Add peppercorn eyes
- Snip a bit of the pine cone scales to look like a beak.
- Peel a layer of the scale to add that wobbly thing (there’s a name for that, right?)
These four Thanksgiving DIY place cards took less than an hour to make and would make a great kid’s craft-just use a regular adhesive or craft glues instead of the hot glue gun. Decorating possibilities are endless as well: glitter, flocking, use stickers for the names.
What Thanksgiving DIY projects do you have in the works? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below or, as always, you can join the conversation over on the Desperately Seeking Gina Facebook page.