With the revival of the Gilmore Girls on Netflix, I thought it appropriate to share 5 Gilmore Girls confessions I’ve been holding close to my chest since I finished watching the series last summer. It’s easy to fall in love and get lost in the hype about Lorelei and Rory, Stars Hollow, and the other crazy town characters but it can become a bit uncomfortable talking about the things we don’t like, don’t get, or don’t agree with.
We like to practice full disclosure here at Desperately Seeking Gina. And by we, I mean me. Ahem. There’s only me here.
Lets jump in…
5 Gilmore Girls Confessions
- It took me three (3) times to get into and actually start watching GG. The fast paced talking really threw me off. I also have to admit that I didn’t like Lorelei much and that’s why I just couldn’t get into the show.
- I don’t like the theme song for Gilmore Girls. Carole King is wonderfully talented artist. I’m just not a fan. I thought Where You Lead was a bit old fashioned for L & R.
- I’m most definitely #TeamLogan. He makes the most sense (for me) for Rory.
- Having followed all the trailers, clips, promotional posters and interviews with the cast, I’m having a hard time “finding” or “seeing” Rory in Alexis Bleidel. At first I thought it might be her looks; she’s all grown up now and it’s sometimes hard to find the familiar in something that’s been absent for so long. See the most specific reason I couldn’t “see” Rory in the FB Live video replay of the Friday Five Episode. Rory was also fairly quiet in most of the clips, getting only a few words in to Lorelei’s usual wordiness.
- I love to read and felt like I connected with that part of Rory’s personality. There are even several Rory Gilmore Reading Challenges out there on the internets. Sadly, I haven’t completed any of that challenge. My confession as to why is in the video and I’m slightly embarrassed about it.
So, what about you? Do you have any Gilmore Girls confessions you’d like to share? Divulge in the comments below or join in the conversation over on the Desperately Seeking Gina Facebook page.
Catch the full 5 Gilmore Girls Confessions with further explanation on the Friday Five Live episode: