A part of me “branching out” this year is dabbling with video now that I have some decent equipment to work with (too bad my internet connection is poor most of the time).
I’ve put together my very first tutorial over on my YouTube Channel. It’s pretty rough; I definitely need more practice cutting, editing, and knowing when enough is enough.
So, for this edition of Friday Five: Five things I’ve learned while trying to make videos:
1. Slow down-I only have so many supplies to work with. I can’t keep doing retakes.
2. Ensure that everyone in the house (and by “everyone” I mean Thom and the cat) knows that recording and voice-overs are going on.
3. Probably don’t curse during an important point-makes editing difficult.
4. On-camera burns are not pretty (just kidding, I didn’t have any issues-this time).
5. Sometimes you just have to call it good and stop looking at all the small details.
And, for your viewing enjoyment: My very first video tutorial.