I’m loving the quietness of January for planning out crafting goals for this year. Added to that quiet, this week, has been extra down time due to pesky strep throat and sinus infection. I’ve had quite a bit of time to think about what I want to accomplish.
Here are my Friday Five crafty goals for 2016:
1. Practice pyrography. Wood burning is something I never thought would appeal to me; in general it’s not a cutesy craft (and I’m oh-so-cutesy) but I’m having fun.
2. Clay molding. I’d love to make some cute charms. It also involves chalk pastels, and glazing, and jewelry making. Doesn’t that sound like so much fun?
3. Soldering. My new wood burning tool comes with a soldering tip and solder. I see more jewelry making in my future.
4. Metal Stamping. I actually dabbled with this last year for a bit but I would love to hone the skill.
5. Embroidery, felting, knitting/crochet? These are stretch goals for me. My patience for sitting and concentrating on one thing is lengthening but probably still not where it needs to be since I am easily distracted (I’m giving you the side-eye internet, Netflix, Instagram).