I can hardly believe we’re in the middle of August already. The summer, nay-the year, has just totally flown by.
The official end-of-summer doesn’t happen until September, I know, but I am feeling a need to start the unwinding a bit early. It’s probably the heat (of which you will not hear me complain about after two awfully cold winters) or maybe it’s all the back-to-school talk that happens early here in Arkansas. Whatever the case may be, I am switching into Fall mode but first-a list of things I loved about the Summer of 2015:
1. M I C H I G A N ! Going home in June was the highlight of not only the summer but of my year. I loved seeing the fam, seeing my cousin get married, dipping my toes in Lake Michigan, and my total fave: the little heart tattoo on the map in my pocket.
2. C R A F T N I G H T ! I got together with some friends, coworkers, and some new friends I met in the scrapbooking aisle at Tuesday Morning to make summer journals, eat cookies, and laugh til late into the evening. Girl time is the best.
3. W E E K E N D G E T A W A Y ! Thom and I were fortunate enough to enjoy a weekend away to Eureka Springs thanks to the Eureka Springs Downtown Network. Neither of us had been there before and it was jam packed with fun sight seeing adventures, late morning lie-ins, wild animals, and magic, too. And then we saw real wild animals at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge and an illusionist at Intrique Theater (hahaha-see what I did there?).
4. I C E D C O F F E E ! Iced coffee to my heart’s content. We settled on the best brew for our budget, I picked up some tiny ice cube trays while in Michigan, and Thom has been nice enough to grind the beans and brew me so many pots of coffee-I’ve been enjoying every drop (except that pot I forgot in the maker that one time).
5. H E A T & S U N S H I N E ! It finally got hot at the end of July and for all of August thus far. Nary a complaint has been uttered from these lips. In fact, I’ve done quite well-even those few days I had to drive home from work with the heat on because the car started to overheat.
So long, Summer. You were good to me. Now onto P U M P K I N S! (insert manical laughing)
What were the (5) highlights of Y O U R summer? Tell me in the comments below.
photo via Unsplash